Urban Urban Jungle forum

FAQFAQ   PretražnikPretražnik   ČlanstvoČlanstvo   Korisničke grupeKorisničke grupe   RegistracijaRegistracija 
 ProfilProfil   Privatne porukePrivatne poruke   LoginLogin 

Anyone Repair/Troubleshoot computers (laptops)

Započnite novu temu   Odgovorite na temu    Urban Jungle forum - Početna -> Razno
Prethodna tema :: Sljedeća tema  
Autor/ica Poruka
crowek

PostPostano: čet lip 21, 2018 3:20 pm    Naslov: Anyone Repair/Troubleshoot computers (laptops) Citirajte i odgovorite

Hi,

I have sitting in my possession an HP ZE 5300 with XP Home Premium. Purchased c. 2002? Crashed c. 2004? No extended warranty. Originally was suggested harddrive was bad. Took it out and put it in an HD case with USB plug in, worked flawlessly even on an older machine (Emachines with windows ME) Need to buy new case. Never found out what was actually wrong with the laptop. Anyone we tried to talk to on the phone said it sounded beyond repair. But after talking with HP about my own personal desktop, I know that often they say this and it isn't true. Thanks Mint! So I'm wondering, could it be a fixable problem? Here is what happens. Turn on computer (if HD is installed) and it gives black screen and BIOS error. ANy options (F2, etc) don't cause any result. WIth HD not in, says "no OS found" DUH, right?! SO, does this sound like a motherboard or other issue? I can install, remove HD on my own. Not sure about other work. But curious as to whether this is similar to what happened with my HP and Vista compatibility causing crash? Maybe Mint could run on it if I could somehow get past the error screen?

Any help will be apprecited.

I didn't find the right solution from the Internet.

References:
https://forums.linuxmint.com/viewtopic.php?t=19809
Custom explainer video service

Thank you.
[Vrh]
Korisnički profil Pošaljite privatnu poruku Pošaljite e-mail
Prethodni postovi:   
Započnite novu temu   Odgovorite na temu    Urban Jungle forum - Početna -> Razno Vremenska zona: GMT + 01:00.
Stranica 1 / 1.

Forum(o)Bir:  
Ne možete otvarati nove teme.
Ne možete odgovarati na postove.
Ne možete uređivati vaše postove.
Ne možete izbrisati vaše postove.
Ne možete glasovati u anketama.